Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Turning a New Creative Leaf

Ok, so for my birthday, MB bought me a really groovy Audio Studio Software...and with the $ that Georgia gave me, I upgraded microphones for the PC.

Do you know how INCREDIBLY hard it is to find a decent USB microphone for under $200?

I searched & searched online, and all of the ones were crap. So, I roll into Best Buy all pissed off - and lo & behold...they have this beauty:

Photobucket

I am sooo in love, I can hardly STAND it. I mean...I don't think that MB even gets it. While growing up, every free moment was spent wishing that I had a recording studio. Even if this is very bare-boned. But I have a decent vocal-eraser on this software. Can a Broadway-oke geek ask for anything more?

So, I've recorded a few things. What sucks is that for the past 3 weeks or so, I've had bronchitis, so I have no upper range. Just when I have these incredibly juicy songs to belt into, and not warp the mp3, since I only had a $20 Wal-Mart PC mic.

So, this is my new creative outlet. And crash...it happened.

I decided (for sure) to audition for "Children of Eden" at Springfield Theatre Centre. Sigh. I know there's no way in hell I could ever even DREAM of being Eve/Mama Noah, but I'll give it an underhanded try. What? Me underhanded? This is an awesomely retarded plan of mine, that will completely blow up in my face. What disasterous plan would that be, might you ask? Welllll...I'm going to sing the gospel song "Ain't it Good" from the musical. Which Mama Noah sings (naturally, after riding out the flood). BUT...so do the Storytellers. Which would be my 2nd choice...if I was actually brave. Alas, I am not. BUT...unlike other productions I've seen....they're only using 4-6 Storytellers. That would kick ass.

to keep up with my progress working out the kinks in the song, check me out on youtube:


Let me know what y'all think.

No comments: